Dear Division 28 Members.
For the 2017 meeting of the College on Problems of Drug Dependence (CPDD) in Montreal, Canada (http://cpdd.org/ ), the National Institute on Drug Abuse is accepting submissions for the Women & Sex/Gender Differences Junior Investigator Travel Award Program for individuals whose accepted abstract for oral or poster presentation (animal or human research) focuses on females or has a focus on analyzing research outcomes by sex.
· Graduate and medical students, post-docs, medical residents, and investigators who are no more than five years past the doctoral degree or residency are eligible.
· Applicant MUST be first author on the CPDD abstract.
· Minority investigators and male investigators are especially encouraged to apply.
· Priority may be given to those who have not previously received this award or held an R01.
· Federal employees are ineligible.
Electronic Application Procedures: Follow the CPDD instructions for abstract submission (http://cpdd.org/meetings/2017-meeting-information/ , deadline December 1, 2016. Then send an e-mail to Christie Espinoza at email@example.com in the following format and with the required attachments:
· E-mail subject line: CPDD 2017 Women & Sex/Gender Junior Investigator Travel Award Application
· Attach a copy of the abstract that you submitted to CPDD, including title and authors (In Word Format).
· Attach your curriculum vitae (list all NIH grant support if applicable), including your mailing address, telephone number and e-mail address (in Word Format).
· Attach a cover letter stating (1) your eligibility, (2) your interest in continuing to pursue research on females and/or sex/gender differences, and (3) your career goals.
Deadline for applications: December 7, 2016
Cora Lee Wetherington, Ph.D.
Women & Sex/Gender Differences Research Coordinator
National Institute on Drug Abuse
Phone: (301) 435-1319