2023-01-04

[#DIV28SUPER] Happy 2023!!

Greetings and Happy New Year Div 28!

I hope that everyone had a wonderful holiday and all are feeling energized to charge into 2023.  I have a few things that I want to communicate to you all as I transition my role from President to Past-President.

1) I want to thank the executive committee for all the hard work and volunteered time this past year, we have an amazing group of people committed to the division and I feel like the division is in a great place as a result.  There will be several opportunities for positions on the executive committee opening up this year, so anyone who would like to get involved in division leadership or service positions, please let Tom Gould (tug70@psu.edu) or myself know.

2) As I noted in an e-mail sent around last month, nominations for several APA committees/boards are due this month.  There are a number of key positions that directly relate to Division 28 for which the division would greatly benefit from having representation.  Notably the Board of Scientific Affairs, Committee on Animal Research and Ethics, Committee for Postdoctoral Education and Training Programs in Psychopharmacology for Prescriptive Authority, Health Equity Committee, Fellows Committee, and the Committee on Division/APA Relations.  Anyone can self-nominate for these positions by going to the nomination portal (https://nomination.apa.org/), but the likelihood of getting selected is higher if your are nominated by a division.  So, if you are interested in serving on one of these (or another) committees, please let me know ASAP as the deadline for nominations is Jan 31.

3) I really enjoyed the opportunity to serve the division as President last year and with this e-mail I am passing the torch on to Tom Gould.  I am very confident that Tom will provide outstanding leadership in the coming year and will keep the division thriving!

Regards,

-Ryan

________________
Ryan Vandrey, Ph.D.
Past-President
APA Division 28


http://www.apadivisions.org/division-28/index.aspx

No comments:

Post a Comment