SPSSI Policy Workshop
June 26, 2014
The Society for the Psychological Study of Social Issues (SPSSI) is delighted to announce a special summer Policy Workshop. This exceptional training opportunity will take place on June 26, 2014, directly before the SPSSI Biennial Conference in Portland, OR. The workshop content is diverse and applicable to psychologists at all career stages, but several sessions are targeted primarily at early career psychologists and graduate students. The workshop is open to SPSSI members and others, including those who have limited direct policy experience.
The workshop will expose psychologists to the links between academia and policy work at national and international levels, and will feature specific skills training. Speakers will discuss how to bring empirical research findings to bear on public policy, and will review policy-related fellowship opportunities. Specifically, the workshop will feature presentations and interactive sessions on:
- The connections between psychological science and the world of policy-making
- How to work with professional organizations to conduct federal advocacy
- Policy-related fellowship opportunities and experiences
- How to conduct international policy work
- How to write grant-proposals that tie in policy implications of your research
Please see more details, including application information, on the SPSSI website.