2010-04-13

[DIV28SUPER] cigarette smoking protocols

Colleagues – I am attempting to establish a university-based smoking laboratory at Washington State University.   I know that laboratory-based cigarette smoking is a pretty common procedure but I am running into some questions from our environmental health folks  about how these protocols can be conducted in such a way that second hand smoke exposure is not an issue, etc.   I had proposed using an empty laboratory room with an externally vented fume hood but this has not met with much institutional support.   If any of you have suggestions I would be most appreciative.   Also, if you have any individuals I might refer my environmental health folks to that would be much appreciated.

 

 

Regards,

John

 

John M. Roll, PhD

Professor and Associate Dean for Research

Director, Program of Excellence in the Addictions

Washington State University College of Nursing

PO Box 1495

Spokane, WA 99210

Telephone: 509-324-7223

E-mail: johnroll@wsu.edu

 

No comments:

Post a Comment